Sara Ridgway MA, CCC-SLP is a New Jersey State licensed Speech-Language Pathologist who holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). She has over 2 years of experience in the field since receiving her Master's degree. Sara graduated from Kean University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Media/Film Communication with minors in marketing and speech, language, hearing sciences. She received her Master of Arts degree from Kean University in Speech-Language Pathology.
Sara has experience working in a variety of settings including specialized schools, private practice, inpatient hospital/acute care, and skilled nursing facilities for sub-acute rehabilitation and long term care. Thus far in her career, Sara has experience in the areas of pediatric, adult and geriatric feeding and dysphagia, multiple disabilities/medically fragile pediatrics, high and low-tech augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), articulation disorders, developmental language disorders, acquired and degenerative neurological diagnoses (CVA, Parkinson's Disease, Dementia) and cognitive-impairment. As a graduate student, she gained experience in accent modification and aphasia groups.
Currently Sara is a full time speech-language pathologist in a specialized school and works per diem in an inpatient acute care hospital.
- Sara is a member of the New Jersey Speech, Language and Hearing Association (NJSHA)
- Sara is trained in Beckman Oral Motor Evaluation and Treatment Protocol
- Sara is trained in DIR & DIR Floortime (DIR 101)
- Sara is certified in Eswallow NMES (Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation)
- Sara is certified in LSVT LOUD (Lee Silverman Voice Treatment)
- Sara is certified to administer the MoCA (Montreal Cognitive Assessment)